Lilypie - Fourth Birthday

Lilypie - First Birthday

Thursday, February 25, 2010

66 Love Letters by Larry Crabb


66 Love Letters: A conversation with God that invites you into His story by Larry Crabb.
I was looking for a fresh look at the Bible to give me some new insight, but was left wanting a bit more after embarking on the journey set forth in Crabb’s book. As you probably guessed by the title, the 66 books he refers to are the books of the Bible which he attempts to weave together in a back-and-forth dialogue with God. As Crabb explains in the introduction, this book is best used as part of a LONG, thorough Bible study. He shows how all 66 books unite to collectively tell God’s wonderful story – essentially a love story. Through this book, the author gives you permission to listen in on the questions and longings of the believer’s soul. While this discussion may offer a deeper look into the mind of God for many, I believe it often trivialized the profound. Really, Crabb bit off more than he could chew by trying to bring God down to us rather than vice versa.
I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment