Lilypie - Fourth Birthday

Lilypie - First Birthday

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

You Can Be Everything God Wants You To Be by Max Lucado


You Can Be Everything God Wants You to Be by Max Lucado is made up of excerpts from his other book the Cure for the Common Life and is easily completed in one sitting. The book is a small hardback that I think would be a perfect present for a graduate (just like the sticker on the front cover says). I have read a few of Lucado’s books a while ago but nothing recent. I often have issues with some of his theology, but he is very interesting author so I always am able to take something valuable away from it. The title really hit on my favorite point of the book that I cannot be anything I want to be, but I can be everything that God wants me to be. I would recommend this to anyone who is searching for God’s will and purpose for their life. One disclaimer is that I am not a big fan of his assertion that each of us has a “divine spark” with its connections to Martin Buber and Hasidism. I received a free copy of this book to review from Thomas Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment