Lilypie - Fourth Birthday

Lilypie - First Birthday

Friday, May 28, 2010

Catch up

Well, it has been a looooong time - so I have to get caught up on a few things. First things first. . .




I barely got him to stop jumping long enough to get this picture.



and oh yeah -



C'mon, it's a baby with elephant ears, and you know I couldn't leave that out. Actually the elephant's trunk is stuffed up underneath because it hangs down over his nose. Since we are already talking about Ian anyway, I want to announce that he has moved on to another chapter in his life - he now has a convertible carseat.





Buh - bye, infant carseat! This has been a long time in coming, but that infant carseat was just so easy and I was reluctant to install the new one. So it has been sitting in our basement until yesterday when I realized that he was just too squished in that little infant seat. Sniff,sniff. As Brian would say "he's all growed up. . ." I'll have to get a picture of him in the new convertible carseat.


We have been spending a lot of our time recently working on our house. You may know that we recently tore out our carpets downstairs. Here's a little reminder. (shudder)




And though it isn't finished, here is a sneak peak at the new wood floor (installed by none other than my "I'm not handy" husband).





And while I'm at it here are the powder room before and after pics. This is not completely done yet either, but it is getting there.





Those are seashells on the wallpaper, and I assure you that I ripped down every last one of them with a certain amount of satisfaction. Ick!







One more house project I have been working on is the stairs. Have you have started something and just wished you had left well enough alone? OK, maybe that's just me.







umm, yeh, I ripped up the carpet from stairway the other night. You know, typical night. Play with Ian, feed Ian, put Ian to bed, wash dishes, rip up carpet. . . it is kind of becoming a regular part of my daily routine.



I did it after being inspired by this.

I have been attempting to do some gardening, but I don't feel like digging up a patch of ground, so it has just been limited to containers on our deck. So far we have some fruit (get it, ha,ha) for our labors.




This picture is for mom's benefit. I know your mouth is watering. Maybe I should have added some pound cake and Cool Whip.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on fixin' up the house! Looking good. Give Ian kisses from us. Keep the pics of him coming. Love, D

    ReplyDelete