Lilypie - Fourth Birthday

Lilypie - First Birthday

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Secret Holocaust Diaries: the untold story of Nonna Bannister

The Secret Holocaust Diaries: the untold story of Nonna Bannister is a startling account of a woman who observed and endured incredible hardship.  Though from a wealthy family, she was not immune to the atrocities endured during the Holocaust.  The intriguing part of her story is the fact that she kept it's haunting truth from all those she held dear, including her own husband, until the last years of her life.
The story is recounted with remarkable detail and sometimes even gets tedious to read with all the names and places to remember.  But it is hard to criticize the work of such a courageous woman especially sensing how difficult it was for her to even share her story.  Admittedly, I read just about anything about the Holocaust, so that may have influenced my opinion of this account.  I received a complimentary copy of this book from Tyndale in exchange for an honest review.  4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering how you get these publishing companies to send you complimentary books in exchange for an honest review. Is this something you could share with me? If so or even if you can't or won't please e-mail me with some kind of answer. I love to read but unfortunately I don't have the money in my budget to buy books. Once a month I go to the used book store with about twenty bucks hoping to find something really good, but usually I have to settle. Anyway, I'm definitely rambling. My name is Kelly and my e-mail is kyrancjsmom@yahoo.com. Thank you so much and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete