Lilypie - Fourth Birthday

Lilypie - First Birthday

Friday, June 24, 2011

Rejoice: Women of Faith Worship CD





I realize that reviewing a music CD can be kind of interesting because everyone has different taste.  And quite honestly I didn't care for this CD, mostly because it wasn't what I had expected.  I was thinking it would be sort of a female version of the Men's groups I have heard from Promise Keepers (granted I know pretty much nothing about these Women of Faith events), but it definitely is not.  That being said I would hate to discourage someone else who may enjoy this particular style.

First, the cover and overall presentation of the CD were great.  It really is pretty, and I love having all the words to the songs when I listen to new music.  The group is made up of 7 female vocalists, and there are a variety of worshipful songs with lyrics which truly focus on God.  I especially enjoyed their version of "Great is Thy Faithfulness" at the end of the CD.

I wanted to like the CD but really, every song sort of sounded the same.  There was nothing spectacular about the singers, the songs weren't very catchy or memorable, and the lyrics did not seem insightful or contemplative as I would have preferred.  But as I have said, that is just my opinion, others may love it.
I would give this CD 3 out of 5 stars.  I received this CD for free from Thomas Nelson in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment