Lilypie - Fourth Birthday

Lilypie - First Birthday

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

When the Hurt Runs Deep

When the Hurt Runs Deep is a deeply insightful book about pain and suffering from well-known author Kay Arthur.  This is the first book by her that I have read and I think 2 things stood out to me.  First, she uses a LOT of Scripture throughout her book.  Secondly, this book was not an easy read. 

Arthur, often speaking from a personal knowledge of hurt, fills the book with a lot of information.  I found that it was of such a "heavy" nature that it was hard to read very quickly.  The book also contains a study guide in the back for personal use or with a small group.  I would recommend using the book with the study guide over a long period of time.  You would probably get the most out of it by reading it in small portions and allowing for time to consider what you have read.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment