Lilypie - Fourth Birthday

Lilypie - First Birthday

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The 60 Minute Money Workout






Periodically, I like to stop and read a book on finances, which is why I picked up the 60 Minute Money Workout by Ellie Kay.  Thankfully, we are currently in a “healthy” financial state, but I find it important to always keep fine-tuning our finances.  This book offers a hodge-podge of financial information, but lacks a clear systematic approach (as found in Ramsey’s books).  The actual money workout is merely a way of dedicating regular time either by yourself or with your spouse to your home finances.  While this system was not particularly useful in our home, I could see how a home on the brink of financial disaster could benefit from it.  However, I didn’t consider this to be an actual step by step financial plan (although maybe I am just a diehard Ramsey follower).

I would say I picked up tidbits of useful information throughout the book.  She does an especially good job on the topics of saving money and being frugal.  That would be the strength of this book.  However I just felt that there are other books on this topic (of finances in general) that are better. 

4 out of 5 stars.


I received a free copy of this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment